Dems State Meeting Update
The Democrats met in Richmond last Saturday (March 2nd) for their Quarter 1 meeting. The Congressional District Committees heard reports, per usual, from the elected and appointed members of the Steering Committee (executive committee).
A few highlights:
- The coffers are well in the black and the digital and data staff of the party are being enlarged
- The End of Session Decompression Fundraiser on Friday night after the Steering Committee Meeting raised over $13,000
- The Blue Commonwealth Gala will be held on June 15 at Main Street Station
- 2018 election data will be in Votebuilder (the VAN) within the week of March 4th
- Petitions for candidates should be turned into the appropriate Nominating Committees no sooner than March 11 and no later than March 28 at 5 pm.
- There will be DPVA (Democratic Party of Virginia) emails out this week to Committee Chairs regarding Mobilize and other tools.
- Follow @vademocrats on Instagram.
The lead speaker was Congressman McEachin
Our own Congressman Donald McEachin was the lead speaker at the meeting on Saturday. He focused on the unity our party needs to maintain to sweep the Virginia House and Senate this Fall as well to elect and reelect Democratic Congressmen and Senators nationally.
The photo below is not the best. It literally was a standing room only meeting and there was constant movement along the aisles.
4th CD Committee Meeting April 13
A meeting of the 4th Congressional District Committee has been scheduled for April 13, 2019, at 11:30 a.m. at the Virginia Diner. Please notify Carol Woodward at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend. There is a fantastic lunch buffet that doesn’t stop. Attendees may also order directly from the menu if they prefer. It would be great to have a number of our committee members there.