Have you read the current Democratic Party Platform?
Every four years the Democratic Party adopts a platform to express its values and commitment to America. This year an updated platform will be adopted at the Democratic National Convention.
The last platform was adopted in 2016. “Whether it’s health care, the economy, education, gun reform, equal pay, voting rights, national security, or the climate crisis, the Democratic Party understands that there’s no single issue that matters more than the rest. Democrats are tackling these issues and others every day.”
The “planks” of the 2016 Platform were:
- Raise Incomes & Restore Economic Security for the Middle Class
- Create Good Paying Jobs
- Fight for Economic Fairness & Against Economic Inequality
- Bring Americans Together & Remove Barriers to Opportunities
- Protect Voting Rights, Fix our Campaign Finance System, & Restore our Democracy
- Combat Climate Change
- Build a Clean Energy Economy & Secure Environmental Justice
- Provide Quality & Affordable Education
- Ensure the Health & Safety of all Americans
- Provide Principled Leadership
- Support our Troops & Keep Faiath with our Veterans
- Confront Global Threats
- Protect our Values
- Be a Leader in the World
Maybe it would be well for all of us to read the current Democratic Platform for ourselves in preparation for the adoption of the 2020 Party Platform in July.