Board of Supervisors Meeting, Budget Presentation, Budget Work Session Mar 7, FY 2019 Budget Proposal
County Administrator presents FY 2019 Budget
Percy Ashcraft, Prince George County Administrator presented the proposed Fiscal Year 2019 budget to the Board of Supervisors. This is not a done deal and there will be next steps based on what the budget looks like when finally adopted. The next budget work session is March 7 at 6pm at the BOS Meeting Room, 3rd Floor, County Administration Building.
Among the highlights of the proposed budget
- 116+ million dollar budget
- would maintain County’s reserve fund around 16%, well above the 12.5% minimum
- would include building (through bond debt) one new elementary school
- might include as much as a 5 cent rise in the real estate tax rate
- might include increase in consumer’s county water bill
- might include increase in consumer’s wastewater (sewer) bill
- would support the previously planned replacement of county vehicles
- would not add county employee slots
- would fund the Schools/County MOU fully
- would maintain our AA+ bond rating
Stay tuned for more information.