County Administrator presents FY 2019 Budget
Percy Ashcraft, Prince George County Administrator presented the proposed Fiscal Year 2019 budget to the Board of Supervisors. This is not a done deal and there will be next steps based on what the budget looks like when finally adopted. The next budget work session is March 7 at 6pm at the BOS Meeting Room, 3rd Floor, County Administration Building.
Among the highlights of the proposed budget
- 116+ million dollar budget
- would maintain County’s reserve fund around 16%, well above the 12.5% minimum
- would include building (through bond debt) one new elementary school
- might include as much as a 5 cent rise in the real estate tax rate
- might include increase in consumer’s county water bill
- might include increase in consumer’s wastewater (sewer) bill
- would support the previously planned replacement of county vehicles
- would not add county employee slots
- would fund the Schools/County MOU fully
- would maintain our AA+ bond rating
Stay tuned for more information.